Saturday, July 3, 2010

Lives Lived West of the Divide

For those of us who are descendents of fur traders west of the Rocky Mountains, there is a newly published book available.
I have heard for years of the work being done by Bruce Watson, a Vancouver based historian who has been collecting the stories of all the fur traders west of the Rocky Mountains.
This collection will include the story of Alexander Caulfield Anderson and his father-in-law, James Birnie.
Will it also include my g.g.g.grandfather Beaulieu's story? I cannot wait to find out.
The 3 volume book is titled "Lives Lived West of the Divide: A Biographical Dictionary of Fur Traders Working West of the Rockies, 1793-1858," and the author's full name is Bruce McIntyre Watson.
The publisher is Lulu.com, and the book must so far be ordered through them.
If you have an ancestor in the fur trade, rush out and purchase this 3 volume book -- I will be ordering my copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment